Skip to content

What You Can Do To Help

November 14, 2009

What can you do, you ask?  There are a couple of things you can do right now, from the comfort of your own home:

1) Call your senator and express your opposition to the amendment.  Tell him or her you don’t want anything like the Stupak Amendment in the Senate version of the health care bill.   The number of the Senate switchboard is: (202)-224-3121 (ask for your senator).  You can reach Speaker Pelosi at (202) 225-0110 and Majority Leader Reid at (202)224-3542.  Please call.  The more pressure they get from constituents, the better.  Ask your friends to call. 

It is especially important you call if you are from the following states: Pennsylvania, Indiana, North Dakota, Nevada, Missouri, Maine, Arkansas, Louisiana, Virginia, and Nebraska.  It is crucial that these senators hear that their constituents want to preserve reproductive rights for women.  Tell your friends and family! 

2) Sign some petitions!  Planned Parenthood, NARAL, and CREDO all have petitions going.  We’d like to present the Senate with as many signatures as possible in support of reproductive rights! 

Stay tuned: we’ll be posting additional ways you can contribute and scheduled events in support of reproductive freedom.  Don’t let anti-choice Republicans OR Democrats roll back women’s rights!


No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: